Orc In A Spacesuit on 9 Dec 2002 16:59:05 -0000

[spoon-discuss] more plugging

Well, I started plugging it, may as well do it correctly.

Grendel's Revenge is a graphical MUD (MUX? I never can keep these acronyms straight), that, according to the Skotos people, is modified from the The Eternal City (TEC) engine, which has been in use for +5 years. It has a graphical map, HP/experience/loot display, and uses seperate browser popup boxes for things like character development, checking detailed stats, and for the help system.

You don't need to install any programs to play Grendel's Revenge, but (and I know this will be a turn-off for some) you do need Internet Explorer. This is because for some of the things it uses to beyond your standard MUD requires some fancy thingie, I think an ActiveX control. To get it working for me, I run an emulation of Windows 98, even though it's killer on my system resources.

If you decide play after all this, I suggest you give me a ring before you start. You may want the experience of someone who's played the thing for 24 hours straight. I swear, they musta took a page from the crack dealers with their free trial accounts. The first one's always free...

Orc In A Spacesuit