Orc In A Spacesuit on 9 Dec 2002 15:17:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Ping?

An entire weekend with no messages?  Is this how this
crew parties?  Or is the collective BAC too high to
see the keyboard?

Or is the mailing list not working?  One has to ask...

-- Glotmorf

Pong.  I think this is a hangover from your takeover.

Personally, I've been playing Grendel's Revenge a lot. I think it's pretty cool... besides the novel fact that you are the monster and go bash the adventurers (Uglies) who invade your lands, it has a novel clan structure and way of gaining abilities, as well as letting you choose to be a Warrior (your typical fighter), Magical (your typical wizard), Leader (You level up based on how well you lead, and you gain abilities to help you lead), Builder (You build the many levels and different rooms and tunnels of the clan lair... Hey, all those dungeons from all those other RPG's have to come from somewhere :P), Shaman (your typical cleric), Trapper (you build traps to protect your lair from ugly and monstrous invaders, and gain favor for doing so), or a combination of two. With 3 unique castes of races, many sub-roles for each main role (want to be a Tyrant leader? Or a an Alpha? A Diplomat? A Matriarch? Or how about a Chieftan?), and ability to choose to be a social monster (joins clans) or wandering one (a bit stronger, solo, just wreaks havoc), this game is pretty unique.

Bah. I didn't mean for this to be a plug. Well, here's the url, www.skotos.com/games/grendel , you can get a free trial account for 30 days, and I have the account Orcsuit and character name Blackhand in the game if any of you decide to try it.

Cordially,
Orc In A Spacsuit