Rob Speer on 30 Nov 2002 04:05:13 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Step the hell down already

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 11:56:00AM -0500, Wonko wrote:
> Quoth Rob Speer,
>
> > What, exactly, is so great about Glotmorf being Overlord that we let him
> > keep being it?
> >
> > I'd understand the situation if Glotmorf was still actively thwarting
> > attempts to depose him, but now it seems that people are just quietly
> > taking it. Has everyone given up that easily?
>
> If you mean in regards to the Overlord rule, that actually has some uses,
> and I'd rather have Glotmorf as OL than some other players I could name
> (*cough* Calvinballplayers *cough*)

Enlighten me. What use does it have?

We've already got our benevolent dictator (Dave). What does putting up
another, morally ambiguous dictator accomplish?

I don't see the two situations (Glotmorf having absolute power and
Glotmorf making himself Overlord) as separate; I see the second as an
attempt to justify the first, and I'm not accepting it.
--
Rob Speer