Glotmorf on 24 Nov 2002 08:03:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] *sigh*

Well, so much for waiting for Dave to sort all this
out...

Okay, so maybe it's my fault that I used to play
Diplomacy once upon a time, and that the sort of
actions I took are typical of such a game, and the
typical result of such actions in said game is that
everyone shakes hands, resets the board and starts
over...

Or perhaps it's my fault for taking the idea that no
one wins a Nomic game except through a scam literally,
to the point that a justice scam was as legitimate as,
say, the gnome scam or any other...

Or I suppose it could be my fauht for thinking that we
all couldn't act like mature individuals and roll with
the situation, rather than going positively apeshit...

But ya know...with all the furor and rancor and
accusations flying around, it's gotten rather hard for
me to swallow the idea of it being my "fault",
regardless of what part I might have played in
bringing it about.

Have we finally gotten the yelling out of our
collective systems to the point we can sit and wait
and see what Dave might have to say?

Gawd, and to think I just came back from a debate
tournament.  Those have rounds and rules and courtesy
and everything.

-- Glotmorf