Orc In A Spacesuit on 18 Nov 2002 15:39:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 26 BALLOT

From: Rob Speer <rspeer@xxxxxxx>
On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 06:01:52PM -0600, David E. Smith wrote:
> Proposal 1192/0: Giving Societies Their Dues (Glotmorf)
NO [[Can't people still get pulled into societies without their
consent?]]

No. But that's not a reason to oppose this prop; the fact that it would allow people to get rid of things they don't want (like eir BAC, Curses, etc), that were never meant to be transferable.

> Proposal 1197/2: The Bigger They Are, The Mucher They Cost (Glotmorf)
NO [[I hate Societies. Anything which makes them absolutely necessary
gets voted down by me.]]

I don't hate them, but I agree.  They shouldn't be necessary.

> Proposal 1198/1: More Raw Materials (Orc In a Spacesuit)
NO [[because it puts WBE in a position of power]]

It's already in a position in power as soon as units get enabled in some form. At least I allow the possibility for everyone to get recycling centers, and I put one for everyone's use in Limbo.

> Proposal 1199/0: Automation (Orc In a Spacesuit)
SHELVE [[ A limit on the number of Automation Actions per nweek would be useful, instead of the Admin having to make an arbitrary decision on when to stop ]]

Sure, although it's not the number of actions that should be the limit, matter, but the amount of work involved, which would depend on what action it is and how often it takes place. I figured Dave could just say 'no' to any change he figured was too much. But hey, if it's shelved, I'll change it.

> Proposal 1203/2: Patching Up Societies (Wonko)
YES [[Sounds like this could accelerate their demise. Mwa ha ha.]]

No, it would make having a society be advantageous (cause you could use them to break the game), and someone would just have to fix them again.

Respectfully,
Orc In A Spacesuit