Orc In A Spacesuit on 15 Nov 2002 15:29:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] thoughts on props

Here's the abbreviated version on what I think of current versions of props. Note that you all have until around 5:00 or 6:00 or something to amend these:

Number Guessing 1185/0
It's still set up so people can partner up and get 30 points each nweek. Whee. It was shelved so it could be fixed.

Proposal 1187/0 Only When You're There
Luigi should collect, even if e isn't active. Maybe e'll send eir goons after you or something.

Proposal 1188/0 Rewiring the Justice System
Well, it doesn't seem to break anything, although I haven't researched it enough. Something that get my attention is the Upper House is now a plain Entity and not a Society. Hrm.

Proposal 1189/1 Society fixes
Nothing earth-shattering, but it would help clear some things up.

Proposal 1190/0 If it ain't broke...Well, it's broke now...
Hmm... I didn't expect this.

Proposal 1191/0 You wanna lurk? Here ya go.
Glotmorf keeps saying e wants to preserve Iain, and Rob wants to lurk, so here's a way.

Proposal 1192/0 Giving Societies Their Dues
Bad. Some things, such as BAC, or the attribute Dead, were never meant to be transferable. This lets anything you don't want, anything at all, be sucked up by a society. It also lets whoever's in charge suck up anything they want. Plus there's the nasty possession issues when a grid object stays on the grid and is at the same time possessed by a society.

Proposal 1193/0 You know you want to
No, actually I don't.

Unassigned /2 The Bigger They Are, The Mucher They Cost
Aside from the wording changes that are redundant (but useful), this puts a limit on the content of proposals. It forces people to use societies just to get some props out, and makes some props impossible. I don't like it. If we're gonna have a limit, we should cap it off at 5 or so, and base it off something like the number of words in it. I can change 10 rules with 10 words.

Proposal 1194/0 Yeah, I F---ed Up
Yes. Perhaps we should have a group of rules that are considered core rules, which always take precedence except with specific exception.

Unasssigned /1 More Raw Materials
It's my prop, I've said enough about it. Just pointing out that with it, WBE works again, mining works again, and we have 4 resources to play around with. Dangit, I want tunneling; the grid just is too confusing and other rules incompatible.

Unassigned /0 Automation
This lets dues and other fun things that you always want to do be done automatically, without Dave having to search through rules or charters, or remembering messages. But I don't know if this is something everyone wants.

Unassigned /0 Miscellaneous Fixes
I think removing Screw That! would be dangerous, or at least CFI-inducing. Reword it if it seems ineffective. Also, this change to Garbage Collection conflicts with Lurking. Change it please.
Other than that, good stuff.

Unassigned /1 Unit fixing
Seems harmless. One thing of note is that it lets people trade BNS for points, which is not currently allowed and would make BNS more an extension of points.

Unassigned /0 Gnomes and Gremlins -> Throwable
Some Less Is More.  Seems harmless.

Unassigned /0 No Price Control
This isn't a fix, but a matter of preference. Let's see whether or not people want to negate the value of resources by making them all easily exchangeable at a set arbitrary rate, or make them more valuable by making you have to get them in normal ways or trade a fair amount with another player (or society).

Orc In A Spacesuit
should really be doing his homework.