Orc In A Spacesuit on 15 Nov 2002 05:56:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] prop:Automation

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 11/14/02 at 9:17 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>it's
>me?
>>>
>>>-It saves time and trouble if it's assumed that by joining a
>>>bandwidth-taking society, you give it bandwidth, rather than having to
>get
>>>permission from everyone. If vSOI were like that, I'd have to get
>>>permission from 8 people to make each proposal, OR they could give me
>>>permission standing until retracted, saving everyone from having to read
>>>half-dozen more posts.-
>>
>>Your interpertation is wrong.  If vSOI were a proposal-making society
>(and
>>the CEO could mandate that it make proposals), all it would take is _one_
>>bandwidth from _one_ person (even yourself) to make each propoasl.  No
>>permission necessary, unless you want to have the charter require it
>(like
>>an in-house vote).
>>
>>Orc In A Spacesuit
>>hopes that is cleared up.
>>
>-Kindly do not presume to tell me that I have misinterpreted my own
>thoughts. I do not refer to what you speak of. I mean if there are 8
>players
>in vSOI, each loses 1/8 of a Bandwidth point per proposal. Or I could ask
>each of them. If it's not divided like that, why is one person losing a
>bandwidth point so that good things can happen to a lot of people? That's
>downright unamerican.-

The 1/8 of a bandwidth per member is how it would have worked prior to last nweek's rewrite of r578. Since last nweek's rewrite, there are no 1/8 bandwidth points. That means everyone automatically receives the benefits of the club prop, but doesn't automatically share in the cost. And can't be made to. Sure, you can cause people to be kicked out, but if what you actually want is to be able to make a proposal you're out of luck.

						Glotmorf
Well, your society should make props your member support. If they are good props, then members will most likely contribute spare bandwidth. And if you think the bit of points and charm are the big benefits of props, then, in my humble opinion, you aren't making props for the right reason. Yes, you are out of luck if you want to make a proposal your members won't support.

Orc In A Spacesuit