Glotmorf on 15 Nov 2002 01:59:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] proposal change

On 11/14/02 at 3:02 PM bd wrote:

>On Thursday 14 November 2002 02:58 pm, Glotmorf wrote:
>more
>proposing
>to a
>> >
>> >Email 1:
>> >I create a proposal with the following text:
>> >{{
>> >__jack__
>> >all wORk aNN n0 plaa makesjack a DULL BOY.
>> >}}
>>
>> This makes a one-bandwidth proposal, since it changes no rules.
>>
>> >Email 2:
>> >
>> >I alter my last proposal, repeating its text 5000 times.
>>
>> The proposal remains a one-bandwidth proposal, since it still changes no
>> rules.
>
>Fine. just make 20000 rules or so.
>
>> >Email 3:
>> >
>> >I replace my last proposal with $realproposal.
>>
>> This makes a proposal with bandwidth dependent on $realproposal.
>>
>> And this accomplished what, exactly?
>
>Email 1 uses 1 bandwith. Email 2 brings it below zero, and you prop
>berings
>that to zero. Then we go down to a reasonable value, and an overall profit
>is
>made.

The minimum for a proposal is one bandwidth.  Email 2 doesn't bring email 1 down at all; it changes no rules, therefore it's still a one-bandwidth proposal.  Making 20000 rules would constitute changing 20000 rules, since they'd go from nonexistent to existent.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower