Orc In A Spacesuit on 14 Nov 2002 20:55:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] random stuff

Well, here's something that I got an idea for while working with my Resources prop, but I figured it should be seperated. I'm not proposing this yet, just posting it for discussion. Any other 'treasures' are welcome, but I don't think we need exhaustive lists.

{{__Lots of Stuff__
{{
If the proposal __More Raw Materials__ does not pass, the author gains no points for the passing of this proposal. Otherwise:

Change the first sentence of section A.2. of Rule 1077 to:
{{
Strip Mining has a Cost of 75 BNS and a Quality Cost of 100 BNS [[lots of refining]].
}}

Add the following to the end of Section A.2 of Rule 1077
{{
If the Quality Cost of Strip Mining is paid, a 1d100 is rolled, and the Miner gains the following based on the roll:

1-79: Nothing
80: 1 Amethyst
81: 1 Emerald
82: 1 Sapphire
83: 1 Topaz
84: 1 Ruby
85: 1 Diamond
86: 1 Rice Ball
87: 1 Giant Stone Talon
88: 1 3x9x16 Black Slab
89: 1 Bone Xylophone
90: 1 Stone Wheel
91: 1 Doggy Bone
92: 1 Old Coin
93: 1 Rusted-Out DeLorean
94: 1 Fossil [[see below for details]]
95: 1 Life Core (color: Brown
96: 2 Life Cores (color: Brown)
97: 1 Gold Nugget
98: 3 Gold Nuggets
99: 1 Master Sword
100: 1 Amulet of Trebor

If a 99 or 100 are rolled, and one of the object produced by the Mining already exists, the die is rerolled If any of the items on the above list are otherwise undefined, they are carryable passable grid objects. Life Cores, besides being that, have the Property Color. Fossils have the Properties Race and Type. When undefined, the Race of a Fossil is a random one of Human, Ape, T-Rex, Bronto, T-Rex, 3-Horn, and Pteranadon. [[Short names for brevity]] When undefined, the Type of a Fossil is a random one of Skull, Arm, Leg, Leg, or Torso.
}}
}}

Well, there's a bunch of useless junk. But then, Gnomes didn't do much at the beginning either (just see
http://www.nomic.net/~g6/history.php?rn=424
for the details).

Some of these are just stuff I thought up, and people could take them further. Perhaps collecting fossils could be a mini-game. Life Cores I have plans for, Bone Xylophone could be used with Music, the gems anyone who has played some RPG's can figure something out with, and so on. The amulet I'll let someone else tie in, someone Wizard who knows the signifigance (too bad Dan is gone...).

Well, I had these popping around in my head, and wanted to get them out.

Orc In A Spacesuit
wonders what everyone will think of this