Wonko on 10 Nov 2002 20:07:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Responses

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> well, since everyone seems to be in a handy mood, I'll enter the grid at
> (19,1) and pick up the Hand of Bean there, join Team Turqouise, and run to
> Square (18,5), and pick up the Athame there, then attempt to envrave
> "Elbereth" at my location.

Almost none of this works. You come down on (19,1), but you don't take the
Hand because it's at (19,2). Then, you don't join a football team because
'turqouise' isn't a team, you don't run to (18,5) because even if you were
on a team it's still too far, you don't take the Athame because you're not
there, and you don't attempt to engrave 'Elbereth' at your location because
you have no Athame.

> I think that'll do it for now.

I find that funny, for some reason.

> I propsose the following:
> {{__Society fixes__
> This is an a la carte prop, with 2 parts:
>
> Part 1:
> Change the Charter of The Secret Mookies to
> "'Lord Gregarian' is the High Mookie. The High Mookies performs any actions
> the High Mookie states it does."
> [[this undoes Wonko's error fix, which actually undid what my prop did]]

No, this screws everything up - my fix worked, I believe, while this refers
to something called 'the High Mookies', which doesn't exist.

> The bitching thing is, I really meant to vote this nweek.  Musta forgot in all
> the SOE furor.
>
> You got off lucky this time, Wonko. :)

If by this you mean that you wanted to vote me off the island, you couldn't
have done that anyway, because I got booted when I went On Leave last nweek.

> Next question:  Can REFUSED be appealed?  If so, what's the difference between
> that and UNDECIDED?

Anything can be repealed, so as far as I can tell, Undecided and Refused
could be merged into one judgment, since they do the same thing.

> Do not attempt to purchase services from WBE.  While we are able to accept
> your money, we are unable to provide service.

Can't you anyway? As societies seem to be empowered to do whatever they
want?

> As this doesn't specify what ARE the only actions that societies may take, I
> take this in conjunction with Rule 15 to mean societies can take any action
> they wish.  Said actions are not limited to those in a society's charter,
> since the above statement is in subsection C of r578, which takes precedence
> over subsection B.

I assume you meant to say, "in conjunction with Rule *18*", as r15 has, as
far as I can tell, absolutely nothing to do with this.

> {{ _Glotmorf Rules!_
> }}

You could be nice, you know, and use this new power to fix the loophole
before other societies start chucking wads of power around and another
emergency emerges...

Nice takeover, though.

--
Wonko