Baron von Skippy on 7 Nov 2002 17:45:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Off Leave

>> Now to reread the rules...
>
> Better get yourself settled in for a long winter's nap, so to speak. The
> ruleset is up to about 110 pages.

Say, WC, did you leave before the Grid went "3D", sort of?

> Rule 301 (The Grid) is over 8 pages all by its lonesome. (If we can figure
> out how to do it without breaking precedence, I'd suggest breaking that
> one up into various sub-rules.) Rule 441 (Gnomes) is a mere 5 pages, and
> another four or five pages are rules that have been Deactivated (i.e. they
> can be edited/revised, but until Reactivated, they don't actually DO
> anything).

Wow, B Nomic has individual rules that are more than twice the length of the
entire ruleset of the face to face game I'm involved in. That's either
really impressive, really scary, or both.
-Wow. How do you manage to have such a /tiny/ ruleset? Did you just start, or do you have a rule: "Rules may not be greater than 25 words in length?"-

> I just can't escape the feeling that this is not what "Less Is More" was
> really intended to do.

As far as I can tell, 'Less is More' was intended to simulate the Keywords
system, but not to do it as well as the keyword system does...
-Blasphemy! We just need bigger LiM rules!-

--
Wonko