Orc In A Spacesuit on 28 Oct 2002 17:19:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] a refresh prop

From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> Here's a refresh prop.  I used Wonko's as a guide, but I updated it and
> removed the reset. Just cause the Grid's been turned into a warzone doesn't
> mean we can't continue playing in that warzone.
>
> I'm sure not everyone's going to like every detail, but email me your
> complaints and I'll see what I can do.
>
> {{
> - Vote Fix -
> Change the first paragragh of Rule 15 to:
> "Players may vote. Other entities may vote only as explictly permitted by > the rules. Each Player and other voting entity gets one vote by default,
> and may gain others as explictly stated by the rules."
>
> BvS got at most one point for voting per proposal, in accordance with the
> rules.

Is that supposed to be a comment? Or a change to the past?
If it's a comment, then it's wrong, as per CFI
whatever-the-hell-it-was-numbered, which declared that e recieved one point
for each vote e cast.

Argg. It is supposed to be a restatement of fact, as Lord Gregarian ruled on the CFI. With you and Rob and Glotmorf and whoever else complaing though, I'll take it out.

Also, up that rule's Chutzpah by one, so those damn Gremlins stop voting.

> - Society Fix and enhancement -
> Implement Orc's __Societies and Corporation prop.

You need a closing __.

Got it.

> - Flatten the Grid headache -
> In rule 301, replace the text of subsection A.1 with the following:
> {{
> There exists an environment known as the Grid. The Grid is composed of
> locations, or Squares. The Grid is 20 units wide by 20 units tall. The units > are numbered from 1 to 20 horizontally (the x axis) and 1 to 20 vertically > (the y axis). Each unit on the Grid can be expressed as an (x,y) coordinate > location, with (1,1) in the lower left-hand corner, and (20,20) in the upper > right. All references to "grid locations" or "surface squares" refer to the
> appropriate Squares of the Grid.
> }}

It'll do for now.

> - Something appropriate -
> Amend rule 154, section B.6. [[Entropy]] thusly:
> On the list of events, add to the list of objects in the second item of the
> list the following objects: Brooks, Sponges, Shears, Ancient Monoliths,
> Athames, Sledge-O-Matics, Piles of Kindling, Towels, Small Lumps of Scrap
> Metal, and Large Lumps of Scrap Metal.

If you're not going to make an entropy explosion afterwords, then this has
no business being in a refresh prop.

I think that this is a cbange that is needed, but fine.

> - Damage control -
> Create the Football at (10,10).
> Destroy all shares of all stocks.
> Destroy all Service Malls, and then place Service Malls on every square with
> x and y coordinates that are both integral multiples of 6.
> Place 12 bonus boxes on random surface squares.
> Make 3 randomly chosen Gremlins Active and place them on randomly chosen
> Squares.

What about wiping things like points and BNS? I'm reasonably certain that
none of the values on the website are really what they should be, based on
massive uncertainty regarding various players' scores at various points
(especially due to possible wins)

This part is about making the game functional again. I know that the values we have are probably messed up (I'm pretty sure I should get the Supreme Kicker of Asses - twice for Greg, once for bd), but even though I'm at the bottom, I can live with them until someone wins.

Also, what about perhaps setting the number of Wins in Baron's and in my
possession to 1 each (I'll yield the point on my supposed win last nweek
because the Baron did a much cleaner job anyway)? And repealing the 'players
may not win' rule?

According to the latest CFI rulings, neither of you won. Although Baron came darn close.

> - Honors -
> Give each player that joined the game prior to the current nweek a T-Shirt > with the text, "I survived Nweek 24, no thanks to Wonko, Glotmorf, BvS, Orc,
> bd, or Lord Gregarian".

E was 'Wonko May Not Vote' at the time...

E changed eir name before the end of the nweek, I believe. And it's less confusing. Plus, you were also "Wonko May Not Vote" at one point. But I'll change it if enough people want it changed.

> Change the gamestate so nobody is recognizing a state of emergency.
> [[Unneccessary, but we might as well be clear]]
> Activate the Clock, and continue play. All proposals and other game actions
> made but not recognized are now immididately recognized.
> }}
Immididately? You mean, Immediately, perhaps?

after 6 or 7 times of having this pointed out publicly and privately, I think I'll change it.

That last sentence is irrelevant - since the rules were changed so that
actions taken while the Clock was Off would take effect when it came back
on, they'll all happen anyway once the emergency is past.

I just want to be extra sure.

Orc In A Spacesuit
Will be putting out a revised version soon.