Orc In A Spacesuit on 26 Oct 2002 22:54:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] "Fix" fix...er, fix

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 10/26/02 at 5:22 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>> >How about you just say "When a Player goes On Leave, e leaves all
>> >societies."  And e can rejoin when e gets back.  That's pretty dang
>>simple.
>>
>>Then e loses the benefit of any club props that were made before e went
>on
>>leave, but passed while e's on leave. That's unfair. Especially because
>>most people go on leave for reasons they can't control.
>
>Yup, that solution does suck, but so does a solution that fractures the
>gamestate.  The best solution is to not let Socities force people to do
>stuff without em being able to make a decision about it.  They can either
>do
>what is asked by the Society, or face the Society's wrath (ousting or
>whatever).
>
>I don't see why you have to complicate things up so much.

I told you, I have a special situation. And what I'm doing hardly "fractures the gamestate".

And the members of a society can make a decision. They can accept the changes that are coming, or quit the society before they come. If a player is On Leave and the charter gets changed, e can accept the changes that have happened, or quit the society.

By your rule players can't be surprised by changes. By my change, players on leave can't be surprised by them either.

It's just not that complicated. And it preserves my existing functionality. Almost.

By my rule, if someone is suprised by the leader suddenly becoming a fascist, they can just leave, or they can stay without consequences. The worst the Society can do is kick em out, and maybe do some of the same things any player can.

I really suggest dropping this and #4. Either do that or fix the numbering in 5 minutes.