Wonko on 20 Oct 2002 06:00:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Saturday night)

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

>> From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>>> Except for the fact that JUST ONE random vote going for that prop would
>>> override ALL votes you made for that one.
>>>
>> -In the complete lack of precedent, how can you say that? I think Dave
>> would have to randomize 2050 votes. Or perhaps a lucky die roll could screw
>> up 11 OTHER votes, on another 11 of thirty or so props... The odds of my
>> votes on that one getting screwed aren't that high.-
>
> I believe it's the little part of rule 154 that says "If, at the end of a
> voting period, a Player is inebriated, e casts a random vote on (the
> player's BAC - 5) random ballot items. Said votes override other votes made
> on those ballot items in eir name."
>
> This appears to overrule Jedi Mind Tricks too, by the way.

Actually, Jedi Mind Tricks don't work very well at all - you can change your
vote after being tricked. That's another side effect of Less is More: Voting
- the Jedi Mind Trick bit now states that it supersedes a rule which isn't
there.

On a related note, Wins no longer cause Entropy Apocalypses for the same
reason, except this time 'cause of Less is More: Dimensions.

The Less is More Movement is really starting to irritate me... it does
nothing good that cannot be accomplished by the keywords system, and screws
up a lot of supposedly unrelated things.

--
Wonko