Wonko on 8 Oct 2002 05:24:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Refresh Prop

A suggested Refresh Prop which should, I believe more or less completely
reset the game and clear up most of the damage done in the past two nweeks.

How's this look?

{{
__Undoing the damage__

[[************************** Part I: Societies ***************************]]

Deactivate rule 1075 [[WBE speeder Upgrades; we'll wait on this 'til WBE is
working right]]

In rule 578:
Append to Section A the text, " No Society may ever convey upon its members
the power to take an action which they could not otherwise do."
Amend section G in its entirety to be:
{{
G. Creating a Society by Player action

A Player may, no more than once per nweek, in the first five ndays of an
nweek, declare a Society by stating eir intent to do so, along with the
Society's Charter.
The Charter must include a list of the Society's initial Members. Only
Players can be initial Members of a Society created by a Player Action.
Entities in the list other than the Player declaring the Society must state
their acceptance of membership into the Society in the same nweek as the
declaration, or will be dropped from the list of initial Members.
If, at the end of the nweek in which the Society was declared, a proposal
that nweek has barred it from existing, or the Society would have no
Members, the Charter is discarded and the Society does not exist. Otherwise,
the society is then created.
}}

Destroy all societies except:
The Upper House
M-Tek
vSOI
WBE
OrcTech
AS

[[************************* Part II: NomiCrack *************************]]

Deactivate Rule 1084 [[NomiCrack]]

[[************************* Part III: The Grid *************************]]

Deactivate Rule 1077 [[Mining - we'll fix this by proposal]]

Amend rule 154, section B.6. [[Entropy]] thusly:
On the list of events, add to the list of objects in the second item of the
list the following objects: Brooks, Ancient Monoliths, Athames,
Sledge-O-Matics, Piles of Kindling, Towels, Small Lumps of Scrap Metal, and
Large Lumps of Scrap Metal.

Create the Football at (1,1).

Place Service Malls on every surface square with x and y coordinates that
are both integral multiples of 6, destroying any other Service Malls.

Amend rule 1069 to replace the word "squares" in the first paragraph with
"Surface Squares"

Raise each player's Entropy by 2000 [[Triggering an Entropy Apocalypse to
wipe the grid clean]]

Destroy all Bonus Boxes and create a dozen new ones at random locations.
Put all Hands on the Grid at random locations.

Destroy all Gnomes, Pinball guns, and Airspeeders.

[[*************************** Part IV: Players ***************************]]

Destroy all Points.
Set every one of every players' dimensions to zero, except for Respect.
Give all BNS to the Bank.
Give each player 1000 BNS from the Bank.
Destroy all shares of all stocks.
Destroy all beverages.
Put 150 Points in the Gremlin Fund.

[[************************** Part V: Finishing ***************************]]

Give each player a T-Shirt with the text, "I survived Nweek 24, and all I
got was this stupid T-Shirt".

Give Glotmorf one point of Respect, for creating the Deactivation rule that
cut the length of this refresh prop tremendously.

Change the gamestate so nobody is recognizing a state of emergency.
[[Unneccessary, but we might as well be clear]]
Restart the Clock.

}}

Did I miss anything?

--