Orc In A Spacesuit on 6 Oct 2002 23:02:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Catastrophe

I've been trying to leave how everything is done in the game the same, only change the terminology, simplify, standarize, and close loopholes in my, uh, fixes. However, I have an idea that should make things easier in general I wanted to bounce off you guys first.

Instead of all the rules about "well, if this happens, this happens" when something goes wrong, like somebody ends up where a Big Rock is, how about we just say that when something goes wrong, they have a Catastrophe. This Catastrophe would be standardized for each class of Physical Objects - for players, it would entail something like Elbonia under certain conditions, and others a small point loss and bounce to Limbo. For Gremlins, it's go into Hiding. For some things, it would be immidiate random replacement (cause it gets destroyed, and another is automatically created). This could be tailored to the type of Region (ie Grid) the Object is in, so it'd be different in the 3D one and the 2D one, if we end up getting 2.

Any suggestions, comments, questions, rotten tomatoes?

Orc In A Spacesuit
is trying to simplify here.

Orc In A Spacesuit
Current Status: So preoccupied he can't even remember to alter his signature.