Glotmorf on 5 Oct 2002 15:51:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Discussion Question: Ends of Ndays

Okay, I know the basic argument is in favor of existentialism, that the game state exists as a result of player actions regardless of what the website or the admin actually says, etc.  But at the same time, I find it useful to know what we all think the game state looks like after the smoke clears and after the dust settles.

On the one hand, Dave is entitled to a life, which includes relocation, re-employment, system downtimes, sleep, sanity checks, what-have-you.  I have never begrudged him these things and I never will.

On the other hand, we might never get to see what's there after the smoke clears, especially if we keep those tire fires going.

So...We've already got an end-of-nweek clock stoppage while waiting for the update.  We've already got an end-of-pre-voting-period clock stoppage while waiting for the ballot to be determined.

Do we want an end-of-nday clock stoppage while waiting for a Recognizer?

As we've demonstrated over the last two or three nweeks, a clock stoppage doesn't really stop us from functioning.

						Glotmorf