Wonko on 5 Oct 2002 00:46:05 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] CFI -- Dropping da Big One

Quoth Glotmorf,

> I make the following CFI:
>
> Statement:
>
> Points, shillings, units of raw material, big sticks, balls of wax, athames,
> piles of kindling, towels, large and small lumps of scrap metal, pinball guns,
> gnomes, beer cans, alcoholic beverages, shears, cotton sponges, bonus boxes,
> shares of stock and airspeeders ceased to exist as of the beginning of nweek
> 24.
>
> Analysis:
>
> The above objects, within their respective types, are indistinguishable from
> one another.  They are all defined with rules whose Chutzpah is 1.
>
> Rule 2 states all game entities must have uniquely identifying names.
>
> Therefore, the objects mentioned above did not exist as of the beginning of
> nweek 24.

Seems to me that a better interpretation might be that your proposal failed
to create rule 6, on the grounds that 'Entity' was already defined in such a
way that this wasn't an issue, and by altering r6, your proposal was
violation r2 by making it so that there were entities without unique names.

Side note: If Mr. Morf's interpretation stands, then we also don't have a
Grid. Or more accurately, we have a Grid, but it has no Grid Squares or
Surface Squares, 'cause they're all non-uniquely named. But that's okay,
because the interpretation is bogus anyway.

--
Wonko