Orc In A Spacesuit on 3 Oct 2002 22:00:08 -0000

[spoon-discuss] What are gnomes?

Appearantly Joel's machine had trouble, as nomic.net was down last night/this morning, and an email I sent bounced back. Here it is again:

I have a question:  What exactly are Gnomes, in this game?
Are they supposed to be inanimate objects?
Little guys with different properties?
Machines?
Animals?
Dolls?

I need to know, as what they are will affect Life Core design, and I may be doing a revision of the Gnome rules (mostly shortening things and standardizing some stuff).

Oh, and about Technologies: I think that what I did was too structured; had too much overhead. It actually had a lot of flexibility, but was just to complicated for it's own good. Anyway, my thoughts are, a technology is Machines + Knowledge, so somebody (maybe me) ought to do something with that. I think that Workshops or Factories with Machines are things that should be necessary for, say, creating airspeeders.

Orc In A Spacesuit
originally sent this at 3:31 AM, but made it to his 8:00 class.

Reporting-MTA: dns;hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;mail.hotmail.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 01:31:20 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;spoon-discuss@nomic.net
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

--- Begin Message ---
I have a question:  What exactly are Gnomes, in this game?
Are they supposed to be inanimate objects?
Little guys with different properties?
Machines?
Animals?
Statues?

I need to know, as what they are will affect Life Core design, and I may be doing a revision of the Gnome rules (mostly shortening things and standardizing some stuff).

Oh, and about Technologies: I think that what I did was too structured; had too much overhead. It actually had a lot of flexibility, but was just to complicated for it's own good. Anyway, my thoughts are, a technology is Machines + Knowledge, so somebody (maybe me) ought to do something with that. I think that Workshops or Factories with Machines are things that should be necessary for, say, creating airspeeders.

Orc In A Spacesuit
is up at 3:31 AM, and has class at 8:00 AM, and can't skip it.

--- End Message ---