Orc In A Spacesuit on 26 Sep 2002 04:35:04 -0000

[spoon-discuss] thoughts on props

About the bandwidth prop: Clarifications need to be done, but this is only a partial fix. I don't feel like going through the whole ruleset right now, but my loophole detector flickers occasionally when I use it on this prop.

About the Druid Prop: yes

About the Service Mall prop: seems pointless, except a little bit of simplification and minor changes. I think Wonko's just trying to get points.

About the Nomvivor prop: I don't like how absentee votes are done. Allow people to cast votes beforehand, and don't limit it like absentees.

About the Cleanliness props: such clarifications are up to interpertation, and that's what CFI's are for. And such clarifications by the admin could inadvertently cause other problems. As for the part changing rules based on CFI's, that's what we are for, and see the previous sentence. Seems to me like Wonko's grabbing for points again, especially since he made 2 props.

About the Speeder definition prop: Hell yes!

About the Criminal Behavior prop: Seems a bit messy, especially since the -5 spots aren't defined.

About the Wealthy Bastard Enterprizes prop: Sounds like fun. Make the minister post the info too.

About the Pain in the Ass prop: To open-ended, and Dave has enough to do without deciding a bunch of kicks.

About the Tango prop: It's so wierd, it's good! I think weather and temperature in general need revamping soon.

About the Improving Speeders prop:  Another minigame! Yay!

About the Empire Grid prob: ME HEAD HURT! Make a new grid, and invent a new way to get to it. Of course, if you vote for my uber-prob, it'll do most of the work for you.

About the Club of Clubs prop: HEAD HURT MORE! A whole mess of crap that can be put into a couple of sentences in my uber-prop.

About the Ground Level prop: No fair stealing my uber-prop ideas!

About the Flat prop: Better define where flats can be created, and I don't think we're ready for a 3-D grid yet. All sorts of other rules should be redefined if we do. I think that, when my uber-prop is done, we make a new 3-D grid, and migrate everything there, and when we are done, remove the 2-D one.

About the House Grem crap: Stop forcing those poor gremlins into your dirty work!

About the Anti-Brook prop (repeal rule 409): Why?

About the Capital Resources prop: Nah. The entire financial system needs to be completly rebuild, not given another revision.

About the Anti-Realms prop (repeal rule 469): I agree, but what's the point in taking it out?

About the Revise Space prop: get rid of the 'the only spaces that currently exist' part. As soon as something else is made, kaboom. SoE. And besides, what about the Tower of Babel?

About the Undo the Stock Market prop: Way too confusing, as the economy has been too thouroughly changed (stuff bought, etc), and besides, Wonko's broke anyway.

About the Rings of Summon prop: I like it, but the Blind Faith and Power rings should affect the grid or other stuff, and not props/rules.

About the Wonko:5 Game:1 prop: I think that all stocks, shares, and BNS and rules pertaining to such should be utterly and completly destroyed, and a new system implemented in it's place afterward. But that'll at least slow things down.

About the vSOI v.2 prop: What if vSET is not defined, as the lands prop doesn't pass?

About the mining prop: The types of the squares after mining aren't clear to me. As for elevation, just say that the height is reduced by 1. And as for tunneling, I still don't think we have an organized enough ruleset for a 3-D grid.

About the Less is More-Bonus Boxes prop:  Whatever.

About the Default Chutzpah prop: I thought this was already done.

About the Auditing prop: That fixing an effect, not fixing the cause.

About the Definitions prop: My uber-prob, once it's done, will address that stuff, and some of your definitions conflict with mine. I don't see how this will convince anyone to vote no, but that's my thoughts.

About the Defining Bandwidth prop: I'm too tired to think right now.

About the Luigi Update prop: I thought I fixed this. No, wait, it was my uber-prop. Very well, carry on then.

About the Ambassador Biweekly prop: Instead, change it to 'each even nweek, players may vote on the Ambassador Biweeklies of the past 2 nweeks.' or something like that, because the 'end' of an nweek is such an iffy time, and you should make reports whenever you feel it necessary.

About the No PGGB At New Year prop: I agree.

About the Debunking prop: negated then applied elsewhere? Ambiguous. And I think there should be no debunkation limit. If you don't believe, you don't believe all nweek.

About the Give Scarf prop: yes

About the Nseasons prop: more weather craziness.

About the Wine List Edit prop that a drunk BvS made:  "Wine List, 401.C"???

About the Wind prop: Make it a scale of, say 1-80, and in miles or kilometers/hour, and make it realistic. And only a few numbers for Gale force. And it's ambigous right now.

About the Less Is More-Beverages prop: sure, why not.

About the Put Hands on Grid prop: ambigous. define the conditions better, and which hands better.

About the Damn It Glotmorf prop: another prop does this. See my comments there.

About the Olive Trees prop: I really like the concept, but it's broken. First, you would get all the money back, meaning you could fill the entire grid with your trees with just 10 (recycled) points, generating an insane amount of points for you. Even if this didn't work, it still just makes the rich richer.

About the Remove the King Gremlin Reference prop: why? What if we bring the king back?

About the Limit Faith prop: no. And it doesn't even fix all the right stuff.

About the t-shirt prop: yes.

About the screwed economy prop: too tired to think. I like it somewhat, but what if people (not a person) legitamately get that much?

About the No Redundant Pig prop: sure

About the hanging chad prop: too tired to think.

About The Power of Dave prop: I like but the punishments need to be more even. There should be very little chance to get off easy.

About the NomiCrack prop: I like it, just fix the football part, and clarify other stuff.

About the Deactivation prop: good idea

About the Start Over Stocks prop: good idea. Add in 'shares of stock' too, just in case.

About the saga prop: I personally think it's just putting too much structure and rigidness on our current system of adding storyline, and if you want unrelated stories, don't mix them up in proposals and stuff. It just doesn't make sense.

Orc In A Spacesuit
is tired