Baron von Skippy on 23 Sep 2002 03:06:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Well, damn, here's athought...

>> >-Why?-
>>
>>Because shareholder voting has its uses.
>-Like what?-
>Because it's not an issue now that Wonko has returned all the player
>stocks;
>anyone selling more than half eir player shares has only emself to blame.
>-But is anyone that dumb?-

That depends. What if someone decides e'd like to risk losing control of emself just to get those last few points to win? After all, after the win, who's got points to buy eir stock?
-Then they should assign a random proxy. If the rich can buy the votes of the poor, that's wrong. That's rule by a few, not democracy.-

>Because it's a backup proxy system for people who'd otherwise be on forced
>leave.
>-Designating a proxy works fine.-

Yes, but this makes for proxy by committee. And/or it's a mechanism of club voting for non-club props.
-Not if one person owns all the stock, or more than 50 percent of it.-

>Because you're not good with intelligent actions, so you should do what I
>say.
>-Your logic is flawed. I'm not good with intelligent actions, but you're
>not
>necessarily the obvious superior. Wonko's broken the game enough. E's
>smart.
>I'll listen to em for a while.-

I won't say that Wonko isn't smart. I will say that a monkey with a monkey wrench can break things too.

-Wonko hardly hits things until they fizzle out. He's a morally loose nuclear technician who knows exactly which screws to loosen and which wires to cross.-

>>And because the proposal is a kneejerk reaction to a situation that the
>>rule in question didn't actually cause, which means the rule will get
>>killed before it's even been given a chance to be useful.
>-It should have died before it had a chance to get abused.-

That could have been said about the original stock proposal. Didn't that pass damn near unanimously?

-Don't remember. Maybe we should put stock away for a bit so the bugs can be hammered out. Like DimShips, which I still think there's a future for.-

						Glotmorf

                                                  [[BvS]]