Glotmorf on 21 Sep 2002 03:19:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal: Nowhere to Go but Down

On 9/20/02 at 10:03 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>>B.1. Earth
>>
>>Mining a square of type earth yields 10 resource units.
>>
>>B.2. Rock
>>
>>Mining a square of type rock (which includes quarrying a Big Rock) yields
>>35 resource units.
>>
>>B.3. Fire
>>
>>Mining a square of type fire yields 15 resource units.
>>
>>B.4. Metal
>>
>>Mining a square of type metal yields 50 resource units.
>
>-This looks good, except there's no such thing as RUs. If 1005 passes,
>there
>will be Units of Raw Material, which is what Wonko's calling them too.
>Other
>than that, this looks like a cheaper, faster, but not as productive in the
>long run alternative to Mines on the Empire Grid. 'S fine.-

Well, additional raw material can be gotten from the big rocks that fall, and someone can figure out ways to use otherwise unmineable squares...

But aside from that, this is a production bid, since, in combination with the elevation rule, it introduces tunnel travel as a new means of grid movement.  And a new way to deal with sirens (who, it now occurs to me, would have cubical ZOEs), and a new hazard: the collapsing of the right tunnels could leave a player trapped underground.

I'm not saying we can't have non-grid realms...in fact, I still miss my dimships and their prospects for it.  But I think it might be better if they were totally disconnected from the grid.

Or, alternatively, parallel to it...so that the grid is effectively four-dimensional...:)

						Glotmorf