Wonko on 19 Sep 2002 22:00:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 22 VOTING RESULTS

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 9/18/02 at 11:27 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> Quoth Glotmorf,

>>> I'd just like to point out that the "massive ambiguity" as a result of
>> p973
>>> wouldn't be present except for the veto of p965.  The whole point of
>> p965 was
>>> to make existing stock holdings go away.  Are you SURE you can't
>> implement it?
>>
>> I don't see any 'massive ambiguity' here: the rule doesn't say I can't own
>> shares of other players who haven't gone public, just that I can't buy
>> them.
>> As it is, I now own 100% of the shares in every player save myself. This
>> means, according to Glotmorf's new rule, that I have absolute control over
>> everybody's votes.
>
> Can I have an "I told you so" from the congregation?
>
> Given the failure of my rollback proposal, which apparently Mr. A would have
> vetoed anyway, Wonko is left in possession of alleged player stocks, which
> allegedly give em control over voting.  The way I see it, there are three
>
> - Mr. A could interpret the stocks in Wonko's possession to be nonexistent,
> since the existing rule says players must go public in order for there to be
> player stocks, and none of the players have done so.  If necessary, someone
> could compose a CFI to that effect.
>
> - Wonko could, in keeping with eir generous act of returning all the money,
> abandon any claim as to the legitimacy of eir alleged player stocks.
>
> - We can have another stinkin' state of emergency, which would tie the game up
> for another ten days or so.
>
> Personally, I consider any claim of legitimacy for Wonko's player stocks to be
> at least 95% bogus, but if the first two possibilities aren't explored, I
> suspect the SOE would be necessary.

As for the first, the existing rule does not say that going public is a
prerequisite for existence of Stocks, it only says that going public creates
stocks. That doesn't affect stocks that already exist.

As for the third, SOE's are really irritating. Besides, I can set people's
votes on any "ballot issue"; the refresh proposals are put on a "Ballot";
therefore, I control emergency proposals as well, and a SOE would do no
good.

Which then brings us to option two. I don't see any way in the ruleset that
I can legally just 'abandon' all my shares. I can, however, sell them at the
Bank's price. Selling them was my original intention anyway - I didn't
expect Glotmorf's proposal to pass.

So I plan to sell all those shares, and regain the 100,000 or so BNS I
invested in the first place to avoid being bumped all the way down to a
measly 500. Except that a vast portion of that 100 thou (95000 of, to be
precise) was in proposal stock, which Glotmorf, for reasons unbeknownst to
me, obliterated with eir proposal.

So how about I do this: I issue a proposal to give me the hundred thou, I
don't use my shareholder power except to push that proposal through (and
maybe one or two of my other ones? ;), and, as part of the proposal, I
dispose of all my shares? I'd basically be just using Glotmorf's proposal to
undo the damage done to my by Glotmorf's proposal. Does that sound fair?

--
Wonko