Orc In A Spacesuit on 12 Aug 2002 19:07:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Orc joins the game

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>On 8/11/02 at 2:04 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
>>
>> >-I eat one sheep gnome
>>
>>We can eat sheep gnomes??? :)
>>
>>				Glotmorf
>
>Why not?
>"__Permissibility of the Unprohibited__
>With the exception of Rule Changes whatever is not prohibited or regulated
>by the Ruleset is permitted and unregulated."
>
>Yum Yum

I meant, all that wool should give us massive hairballs. But if yer gonna go technical on me...

Rule 393, The All-Important Default Case

"Players may not change the game state.

This rule defers to all other rules."

The effect this has on Permissibility of the Unprohibited is that it effectively makes every game-state-altering action prohibited, except for those actions that are expressly permitted. This means going to the bathroom isn't regulated since it doesn't change the game state...unless it causes a state of emergency because one urinated on the host system. Please note: urinating on Joel's machine is illegal for B Nomic players.

So. Eating a sheep gnome is only permitted as long as it doesn't alter the game state. So the sheep gnome must remain in existence...it just means you're carrying it in your stomach rather than your hands, and aren't allowed to digest it. Similarly, if someone insta-rules that players can take gnomes from you, that'll entitle a player to reach down your throat and yank the sheep gnome out. And I don't even want to think of what you'll have to do to throw it at someone...

					Glotmorf

Yeah, I already thought about all that. Oh, and all that and more is covered in 2 sentences in my prop. And the last sentence: Bend over, pull my spacesuit down, aim my rear in their general direction, and...

Orc In A Spacesuit
Current Status: Bending over.