bd on 2 Aug 2002 20:52:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Friday afternoon)

On Friday 02 August 2002 03:58 pm, David E. Smith wrote:

> bd goes on a mad spending spree! e converts 495 BNS into 45 Score points,
> spending 33 of those points on the components for three Bomb Gnomes. E
> buys another random gnome (2 pts, Herb Gnome). (+35 pts to the Gnome Acct)

I buy 5 random gnomes.

> Mithrandir joins the game. Welcome to the rootinest, tootinest Nomic this
> side of the Pecos! bd is assigned to Mentor Mithrandir. Wild Card returns

[[ Yay! ]]

> to the Mentor Pool, scoring ten points for mentoring Athena, even though
> WC didn't seem to do much of anything. :)
>
> Mithrandir sets eir gender to Drone.

[[ We are the borg... okay, okay, I'll stop ]]

> Wonko effectively robs the Bank, buying an obscene number of shares in
> Mithrandir, giving the latter 11 points, then selling as many shares as
> can be sold before the bank busts... I'm pretty damn sure eir action is
> legal, sadly. E now owns many many shares of Mithrandir that e can't sell,
> since there's no rules for players trading stock, and the bank is
> bankrupt. (This is a Bad Thing, by the way.)

[[ Uh-oh. ]]

{{
__Insider trading is illegal.__

Create the following rule:
{{
__Die, wonko!__

Wonko may not trade on the Stock market. This rule takes precedence over rule
946.
}}

Create the following rule:
{{
__Grumble__

A player may own no more than 15 shares of any corporation or player. This
rule takes precedence over rule 946.
}}

Give all points gained by this proposal passing to Mithrandir.
Destroy all stocks held by Wonko.
Transfer all BNS held by Wonko to the bank.
}}