David E. Smith on 28 Jul 2002 19:34:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] division of powers

One of the things I'm playing around with is a "division of powers" sorta
thing, basically taking all Administrative functions and making them into
Ministries. Thus there'll be a Ministry of Bureaucracy (responsible for
proposals and rules), a Ministry of The Census (roster updates), probably
a couple others I'm not thinking of right now.

Since I get the ability to cast unlimited votes on Ministries, I'll
give most of 'em back to myself anyway. But I'm looking for a way to
clearly define everything for which someone (me, or a minister) is
responsible, with an eye towards making a rule along the lines of
"anything that needs to be done MUST be assigned to a specific minister,
or else it simply won't get done".

Is this even a good idea? If it is, any suggestions on how to safely
implement it?

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis, MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/     http://metadave.net/