Dan Waldron on 19 Jul 2002 14:10:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] proposal

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, bd wrote:
> > E.4.1. Entropy Absorbtion
> > Should a player adjacent to an Ancient Monolith kneel, facing the Monolith
> > and pray to the gods of planar geometry the Ancient Monolith shall absorb
> > 3d6 entropy points from em.  This does not work if that Monolith has
> > already absorbed entropy from a player that nday.  The administrator shall
> > record the amount of entropy absorbed by each Monolith and make the
> > information publicly available.
>
> The irony... 'geometry' is 4 syllables. Anyone who needs this can't use it :-)

He he.

Well I can think of ways of getting around that.  I guess the best way is
to not let your entropy get too high in the first place.  But consider the
following...

{{
Quoth bd:
> I kneel facing the monolith and pray to the gods of planar geometry.
I do the same.
Dan
}}

The same technique can be used to get around the syllable restrictions for
Elbereth.  Although trying to engrave something that is past your syllable
limit has its own consequences.

Dan