Dan Waldron on 18 Jul 2002 01:50:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] proposal

> -Also, DAMN, that's a strict penalty. 10 points per transgression? Oh, and
> something else just occured to me. At the time I joined this game, I had a
> Nomic game going with friends, face-to-face, and it is easily concievable we
> could start another one up. Are you telling me that I would have to speak in
> monosyllables amidst people who do not play this game whenever the subject
> of this or any other Nomic game arises? Unless you've got some sort of
> observation system of Big Brother magnitude, how can you possibly be sure
> I'm complying? That's nuts, and I refuse to allow this game to bind me so.-
>
>                                                    -BvS-

Of course we can't catch every transgression.  That's part of the whole
point.  That's why I put in a time limit, because if the transgression is
not caught there is no penalty.  We have the precedent "something which is
indistinguishable from legal is legal" so any transgression not reported
to the Administrator in time is entirely legal and unpunished.

Ok I believe there are some unclear things in the way I have written my
proposal that are making people think it is a lot nastier than it is.  So
I will revise it.  And I will make the punishment a bit less harsh and the
range it applies to a bit narrower.

Dan