The Voice on 17 Jul 2002 22:13:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: proposal - Right to Privacy

From: "Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook" <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx>
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [spoon-discuss] Re:  proposal - Right to Privacy
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:46:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> -Forgot, also, the second part, about making only LOGAS actions on a public
> forum illegal, dosn't work. You can send HTML mail and have unbridled
> hostility (TM) on spoon-discuss.-

And do we really want to penalize that? It isn't a public forum, so it
shouldn't be bound by game restrictions. I think if we're going to say
that what's not part of the game can't be regulated, we should say
spoon-discuss shouldn't be regulated.
Thoughts?

Athena

Yes, but perhaps the better thing would be to repeal the Kick in the Ass provision altogether. Granted, I just succeeded in placing two things on the LOGAS last nweek (pseudocode and unbridled hostility), but it is used VERY infrequently, if at all, and is largely ineffective. Sending HTML mail was on there to discourage people from doing it, without making it illegal. Making it illegal would have, methinks, elicited the same discussion between our fellow players (coughwonkocoughglotmorfcough) about the difference between the impossible and the illegal. Perhaps working that out could be your first project!

Hmm... projects... that gives me an idea... *sly grin*

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-