Wonko on 7 Jul 2002 13:57:07 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] For what it's worth...

Quoth Glotmorf,

> {{ _The Scavengers_
>
> There exists a Society called the Scavengers.
>
> The initial list of Members consists of all currently Active Gremlins.
>
> Any Player who is a member of a football team can join the Scavengers by
> declaring eir desire to do so on the Public Forum.

Who IS a football player? Why?

> Any Active Gremlin who is not a Member of the Scavengers automatically becomes
> a Member at the beginning of a nweek.

Did we ever actually settle whether it was 'nweek' or 'enn-week'?

> Any Gremlin who is a Member of the Scavengers ceases to be a Member if it goes
> into Hiding.
>
> The Scavengers has a Resource Pool for carryable grid objects.  Any carryable
> grid objects other than Players and Gremlins can be added to the Resource
> Pool.

What, no toads? ;)

> If a Gremlin is on the Grid and in the same location as one or more carryable
> grid objects at the beginning of the nweek, it randomly picks one up and adds
> it to the Scavengers Resource Pool.

Doesn't this have to be a rule, then, not merely a charter? Gremlins can't
pick up grid objects, so a society can't force them to.

> Players who are Members of the Scavengers can take an object from the Resource
> Pool once per nweek, and can add objects to the Resource Pool at any time.  If
> a Player attempts to take an object from the Resource Pool without having
> added an object to the Resource Pool since the last time e removed an object,
> or since joining the Scavengers, e is immediately ousted from the Scavengers.

You might want to add 'and the object is returned to the Pool' - otherwise
someone could join, take something (being ousted in the process), then join
again, and keep doing it 'till they've cleaned out the Pool.

--
Wonko