Wonko on 7 Jul 2002 13:06:06 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 19 BALLOT

Quoth Glotmorf,

>> Proposal 807/0: Recursion Limit (Rob)
>
> Yes.  This prevents infinite stupidity stemming from recursive proposals or
> recursive pseudocode actions.  Possibly even recursive rules, if it's
> interpreted the right way.

You do realize, don't you, that we'll have actions of undefined recursivity
if this passes?

>> Proposal 809/0: Neatening Up: The Grid (Wonko)
>
> Shelve.  You neglected to mention the List of Grid Substances, which, BTW,
> doesn't currently contain Turf.  You also are saying players can't move to
> squares that contain other players, but, especially with subsection C, players
> can be Elbonia-thrown into squares with other players.  Also, the cheerleaders
> you mention have been eliminated.

    I cut the List of Grid Substances 'cause it seemed like there was no
reason to have a separate list. Only the rules can change the gamestate
anyway, so anything rule that sets a square's substance to something
implicitly legalizes that substance.
    Hmmm... I thought I defined players as Impassable somewhere, in which
case Elbonia-throws would cause them to bounce. I'll fix that, and the
cheerleaders.

>> Proposal 810/0: Gnomes for sale! (Wonko)
>
> No.  There should still be a way to purchase a random gnome.

Um... There is. It's in the rule where it was originally. I'm creating a new
rule, not replacing the old one.

>> Proposal 841/0: Fixing the Past (Wonko)
>
> No.  I still don't like that sentence about "The Administrator may prevent..."
> and I never did like the part about "the gamestate shall be altered to what
> they now would be".

Actually, that really ought to be 'to what IT would now be'. Can that be
rectified?

--
Wonko