David E. Smith on 29 Jun 2002 04:40:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] regex gurus needed

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Glotmorf wrote:

> I doubt it'll work.  For one thing, between entropy and haiku, there
> were a number of spelled-out rule numbers, which you won't catch with
> that script.  For another, you'd have to know which of all the object
> numbers generated for the game were rule numbers, because some proposals
> reference things other than rules by number.

I'm not trying to get everything - just most things. (Everything in a
rule's revision history should match that pattern - the problem is getting
the pattern to work.)

Getting "everything" just isn't feasible to do automagically, and I don't
have many hours to go through the whole ruleset and straighten these
things out.

...dave