Baron von Skippy on 28 Jun 2002 04:12:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] pseudocode actions

>>I'd like to make a case for pseudocode actions.  Yes, they can be used
>in
>>scams, but as Wonko aptly demonstrated one can do an analog scam just as
>>easily; you can't probably pre-emptively scam-proof the game without
>>preventing action altogether.
>>
>>On the other hand, if I were to go on vacation but didn't particularly
>want
>>to go On Leave, I could see myself doing something like this:
>>
>>for each nweek
>>   {
>>   at the end of nday 10
>>     {
>>     for each proposal on the ballot
>>       {
>>       if a vote hasn't been submitted in my name for this proposal
>>         {
>>         if the proposal was from uin
>>           I vote NO
>>         else if the proposal was from Dan
>>           I vote SHELVE
>>         else if Wonko voted YES and uin voted NO
>>           I vote YES
>>         else if BvS voted YES and bd voted NO
>>           I vote YES
>>         else if WC voted YES and Naath voted NO
>>           I vote YES
>>         else if Wonko and BvS and WC all voted YES
>>           I vote NO
>>         else if a single YES vote would override an Administrator veto
>>           {
>>           if <1d2> == 1
>>             I vote YES
>>           else
>>             I ABSTAIN
>>           }
>>         else
>>           I ABSTAIN
>>         }
>>       }
>>     }
>>   }
>>
>>Which of course is just an example, and isn't meant in any way to reflect
>>upon the current state of the world or my attitude regarding same. :)
>>
>>						Glotmorf
>
>-Gee, how would we ever notice you were absent? *snaps fingers* I know!
>You'd need another pseudocode:
>
>for each message posted to spoon-business
>   {
>   if posted by Wonko
>     I find a hole
>   else
>     I find a hole
>   }
>for each message posted to spoon-discuss
>   {
>   if posted by Wonko
>     I disagree
>   else
>     {
>     if <1d3> == 1
>       I agree
>     if <1d3> == 2
>       I disagree
>     if <1d3> == 3
>       I do not comment
>     }
>   }
>
>There, that's my feeble attempt at a pseudo-Glotmorf.-
>
>                                          -BvS-

The spoon-discuss block needs to be else-ifs, otherwise I might agree, disagree AND not comment.

It wasn't to spoon-business, but I found a hole.

						Glotmorf

-Yeah, I see that now... Well, you might do all of that, though. You could agree with one aspect, disagree with another, but at the same time decide it wasn't worth responding to. There, I've rationalized away your hole. Ha. Maybe it should be 1d4, with 4 being "I find a hole."-

                                      -BvS-