Glotmorf on 27 Jun 2002 13:49:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] pseudocode actions

I'd like to make a case for pseudocode actions.  Yes, they can be used in scams, but as Wonko aptly demonstrated one can do an analog scam just as easily; you can't probably pre-emptively scam-proof the game without preventing action altogether.

On the other hand, if I were to go on vacation but didn't particularly want to go On Leave, I could see myself doing something like this:

for each nweek
  {
  at the end of nday 10
    {
    for each proposal on the ballot
      {
      if a vote hasn't been submitted in my name for this proposal
        {
        if the proposal was from uin
          I vote NO
        else if the proposal was from Dan
          I vote SHELVE
        else if Wonko voted YES and uin voted NO
          I vote YES
        else if BvS voted YES and bd voted NO
          I vote YES
        else if WC voted YES and Naath voted NO
          I vote YES
        else if Wonko and BvS and WC all voted YES
          I vote NO
        else if a single YES vote would override an Administrator veto
          {
          if <1d2> == 1
            I vote YES
          else
            I ABSTAIN
          }
        else
          I ABSTAIN
        }
      }
    }
  }

Which of course is just an example, and isn't meant in any way to reflect upon the current state of the world or my attitude regarding same. :)

						Glotmorf