Dan Waldron on 27 Jun 2002 06:18:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Recursion Limit

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, bd wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 June 2002 10:41 pm, Baron von Skippy wrote:
> > -Calvinball Nomic? Could be interesting, but would rapidly get out of
> > hand...-
>
> I pass the fnord to glotmorf! I grasp the tome of much haiku and declare
> independence from mud!

Isn't that pretty much what nomic is anyway?  I mean at no point in time,
so far as I can tell, does anyone every really know the rules.  Sure, we
have a copy of them, but they get so complicated that by the time anyone
has figured them out they have changed again. Strategy is still a long way
off.  And when someone does something even a little bit controversial we
spend weeks working it out..

And the quoted sentence probably makes about as much sense to us as the
average nomic action does to a mundane...

Dan Waldron