David E. Smith on 22 Jun 2002 04:47:06 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Mega-Proposal (revision)

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002, Alex Truelsen wrote:

> -I'll pretend you phrased that nicely, like, for example, "You have an
> interesting system which I have never seen before. However did you come about
> it?"

Now, now, let's play nice.

I think the problem is thus: Most email software does quoting in the
manner I've done -- by putting > in front of each line. This leads to many
nifty bonuses, like if a line starts with >> then it's (probably) a
quote-of-a-quote (i.e. He said, that she said, something).

The fact that you don't delimit the quoted text in any way isn't
customary, and in fact can be a bit confusing. (At least I find it a bit
confusing, but I'm easily confused.)

...dave