Wonko on 19 Jun 2002 18:29:04 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Societies

Two quoted messages:

On 6/18/02 at 9:13 AM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth Glotmorf,
>
>> {{ _Less is More: Clubs_
>> B. Society Rules
>>
>> A Society may have internal rules that are binding upon its Members.
>Internal
>> rules defer to game rules.
>
>Doesn't this mean that all Internal rules must defer to the "players may
>not
>change the Gamestate" rule, and thus would have no power?

The "players may not change the Gamestate" rule defers to all other rules,
including this Societies rule, which explicitly says what Societies can do.

                        Glotmorf

>So, if I'm the only member of a Society, I can suggest that the Charter be
>changed to add the sentence "At the beginning of each nday, every member of
>this Club is awarded a Win.", and when I agree to my own change, I Win?

Offhand I'd say being awarded a Win was a gamestate change, which is only
permitted when the rules say.  Society Charters defer to the rules, and
there's nothing that says a Society's Charter can award wins.

                        Glotmorf

First you say that the default rule doesn't apply, then you say it does.
Which is it?

--
Wonko