Glotmorf on 9 Jun 2002 04:29:54 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Time travel?

On 6/8/02 at 11:50 PM Dan Waldron wrote:

>oes anyone have any idea what would happen if a proposal like the
>following passed?
>
>{{
>Set the clock to nweek 2.
>}}
>
>Or maybe I should write a Relativity proposal that allows the clock to
>read different things for different players.  Hmm.

The Relativity proposal would be Bad.  It would make it impossible for players to coordinate any action that wasn't in the same nweek.  Granted, it hasn't come up that much up to now, but I could see a group planning something that'd stretch over two or three nweeks, and having a colossally hard time if all time references had to be in terms of <current nweek>+N.

As for setting the clock to nweek 2, Mr. A would probably veto it because it'd mess up his database.  I'd add my objections because of my own database.  The rules may not care overmuch, though there's the nyear rule to consider.

Why would you want to set the clock back to nweek 2?  So that the game doesn't feel ancient?

						Glotmorf