Rob Speer on 29 May 2002 00:05:49 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday morning)

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 07:47:22PM -0400, Wonko wrote:
> But I don't actually see why a Win is the most valuable thing in the game -
> basically I get a pat on the back and we start from zero again... If in fact
> I do have a Win, then from now on I'll probably be playing just for the sake
> of playing the game.

Winning is the most valuable thing because it has to be. Behind all
sorts of rules is the assumption that players are trying to win.
It seems to be part of game custom that even if you don't plan to win,
you should act like you do (for example, by trying to accumulate
points).

--
Rob Speer