David E. Smith on 28 May 2002 15:57:20 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday morning)

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Glotmorf wrote:

> >Well, the "DimShip Guns and Armor" rule doesn't have the word equipment in
> >it anywhere, so far as I recall.
>
> No, it doesn't, but the dictionary meaning of "equipment" is rather
> indicative.

Funny, I don't remember seeing a rule that said "The Oxford English
Dictionary is herein incorporated into the ruleset by reference." or
anything even vaguely like it.

I agree that they should be considered equipment, but, well, it's not so.

>  perhaps uin should CFI the legality of any game action having to do
> with an "object"...:)

Don't give em ideas. ;)

...dave