Glotmorf on 28 May 2002 14:16:28 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Tuesday morning)

On 5/28/02 at 5:44 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>Since actions must occur in the order they're posted, Glotmorf's first
>attempt to shoot at Wonko's DimShip fails (at the time, e didn't have
>either guns or armour, which e buys in eir second dimship message).

There was a scheduling factor in that action: "Immediately following my next launch".  Is it your call that we can't schedule actions into the future?  Would this have worked as a "pseudocode action"?

>Glotmorf buys Guns and Armor. (The rules don't say you have to land to
>have those installed, but Glotmorf does so anyway, presumably to make life
>a bit easier on the repair crew. E does restore previous heading
>immediately, though, so it doesn't matter much either way.)

R493 says dimships "must be landed when adding equipment or conducting repairs."  Is it your take that guns and armor don't count as "equipment"?

						Glotmorf