Wonko on 25 May 2002 18:11:48 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: CFI 727 Appeal

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 5/24/02 at 11:12 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> Quoth Glotmorf,

>> may
>> players

>>> As a member of the Upper House, I rule FALSE on CFI 727.
>>>
>>> For analysis I reiterate an earlier statement regarding this CFI:
>>>
>>> The Default Case, Rule 393, says it defers to all other rules.
>>>
>>> M-Tek was created via a Charter Prop.
>>>
>>> Rule 631 says Charter Props create Clubs.
>>>
>>> Rule 578 says a Club is a Society.
>>>
>>> Rule 578 says entities may be members of Societies.
>>>
>>> Iain, by accepting my invitation, declared emself to be a member of
>> M-Tek.
>>>
>>> Rule 631 says members of a Club must obey the rules stated in the Club's
>>> Charter.
>>>
>>> The Club Charter for M-Tek dictates the circumstances whereby a person
>> can
>>> become a member.
>>>
>>> The circumstances under which Iain declared emself a member is
>> consistent with
>>> the circumstances outlined in the M-Tek Club Charter.
>>>
>>> Therefore, Iain is obeying the rules in the M-Tek Club Charter that
>> determine
>>> whether or not e is a member.
>>>
>>> Since Rule 393 defers to all other rules, it defers to Rules 578 and
>> 631, in
>>> conjunction with the M-Tek Charter.
>>
>> Ah. Then the fact that the LOOP Charter permits me to take points from the
>> Gremlin Fund also makes it legal, via the same logic, no?
>>
>> <mrburns> Excellent. </mrburns>
>>
>> --
>> Wonko
>
> Sure the LOOP Charter permits you to rob the Gremlin Fund.  And while we're on
> the subject, you certainly have my permission to break into Fort Knox and
> steal a gold brick for a paperweight.
>
> In either case, it doesn't make it legal for you to do so.
>
> Besides, the LOOP Charter as I understand it doesn't explicitly permit you to
> rob the Gremlin Fund.  It only permits you to oust members by robbing the
> Gremlin Fund.  That doesn't say robbing the Gremlin Fund is legal.  By the
> way, you can get a job as my towel boy for $50,000 a year if you go clean out
> your local Riggs National Bank and give me the money.  Under no other
> circumstances will I hire you.  Is the robbery legal yet?

Then r14, as you understand it, must not explicitly permit players to
publicly declare eir intention to forfeit. It only permits them forfeit by
publicly delcaring eir intention to forfeit. That doesn't say publicly
declaring one's intention to forfeit is legal.

As to the towel boy analogy, if there were a law that said 'Citizens may
accept jobs as towel boys by cleaning out banks', then yes, it would be
legal.

--
Wonko