David E. Smith on 18 May 2002 05:43:40 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: ok dave...

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Alex Truelsen wrote:

> -So, it's like a stack of instants? *sudden rational thought* Uh, does
> anyone here play Magic?-

Yup.

I've been thinking about proposing "Untap, Upkeep..." to make some sort of
nweekly checklist. (Basically codifying what I informally maintain now,
mostly to (try to) keep straight everything that has to be done during the
nweek transition periods.)

This would also have the benefit of clarifying the order in which some of
these things are supposed to take place. Should I award the Token of
Proposals before or after awarding the Immunity Idol, for instance? I've
been trying to do things in ascending rule-number order, because I can't
think of any better system. Do Curt and Rod move before or after the Yeti?
(I doubt it'll matter, but one never knows...)

For amusement, said Checklist is at /~g6/checklist.txt (or something like
that). Anyone who's really really bored might want to pore over the rules
and see if I've missed anything (I've been keeping it since nweek 4 or so,
and I desperately hope it's current...)

...dave