Glotmorf on 15 May 2002 18:35:25 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal

On 5/15/02 at 9:15 AM Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>{{
> {{
> __Request for Comments__
>
> An RFC is intended to be a proposal, but isn't yet.
>
> If a player wishes to discuss their proposal before proposing it they
>may form it up as an RFC (suggested boilerplate avoiding method for
>this is to include `RFC' on the line with the initial open braces).
>
> An RFC can be revised, and is given a serial number like a proposal.
>
> At any point the author of an RFC can state on a public forum that
>they wish to finalise the RFC, at which point it becomes a proposal
>and its serial number is updated.  From this point on it is treated
>like a normal proposal.
>
> Also, the author of an RFC can at any point state on a public forum
>that they wish to can it, in which case the RFC ceases to exist and
>cannot be revised again.
> }}
>}}

You want comments on this? :)

One is that an RFC not be tied to a nweek, but once it's rendered into its final form it be put into the current nweek's ballot.  Otherwise it can stick around for as long as necessary to get it right. (Yes, I know that's implied, but "implied" is getting a bad rap around here these days...)

						Glotmorf