Glotmorf on 1 May 2002 07:59:20 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: RulRes 2

On 4/29/02 at 8:52 PM Wonko wrote:

>{{
>__Ruleset Restructuring #2 - Vote Changing__
>
>Append rule 31, in its entirety, to rule 30. Then, repeal rule 31.
>
>[[The "players may *buzz* submit votes" would then take precedence over
>"exactly one vote"; it still forbids issuing more votes except to change
>one.]]
>
>Change the gamestate to what it would have been had it been legal for
>players to change eir votes at any time between the beginning of the game
>and the beginning of nweek 12's Voting period. [[not *crackle* hard to do;
>it's what we think the gamestate *buzz* is anyway]]
>}}
>[[quote from earlier msg]]
>
>--
>Wonk.

Aside from the whole proposal being a violation of r8, as I mentioned before, this is also a violation of r17 and r204.  The gamestate is the sum of the original rules and actions taken since then; to change the gamestate as if certain acts in the past were legal is to declare those acts to be legal.  This is an alteration of the past, and is illegal.

						Glotmorf