Glotmorf on 26 Apr 2002 03:41:58 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Typo in Prop 5-8-8?

On 4/25/02 at 11:35 PM  wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 09:47:55PM -0400, Glotmorf wrote:
>> Mithter A...Both Rob and Wonko thay Prop 5-8-8 uthed to have the wordth
>"I propothe a rule" in it, yet Prop 5-8-8 didn't thow that it wath making
>a rule that contained a rule.  Therefore my vote wath bathed on a prop
>with a typo in it.
>
>See, here's the problem. "Proposing a rule" isn't in the proposal text;
>it's an action, one that is slightly different than "proposing". There
>would need to be some other way of listing proposed-rules in the
>database.
>
>Perhaps something like "Proposal 765/4 (Rule): Title Goes Here" instead
>of "Proposal 765/4: Title Goes Here".
>
>--
>Rob Speer

Well, boilerplate or no, the fact that you'd said, "I propose a rule" should have indicated that that and the rule that contained a rule were the contents of a proposal.  It would have been better if you'd put {{ and }} around the whole thing, but, failing that, it should have been clear.  Therefore the proposal list should have shown one named entity enclosed in {{ and }} that contained another named entity enclosed in {{ and }}.

						Glotmorf