Alex Truelsen on 16 Apr 2002 04:20:49 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A statement stating a desire to play.

I call upon The Voice, as he can state that I am, indeed a
human.  And...  I have pictures.
-But how do I know e isn't a machine, either?-

Plus...  I can prove I am not a machine, which is part of
the Turing test.  Or, I am not a mindless thing, and
people can confuse me for a human, were I indeed not
human.  Which I am.  My logic is extremely faulty.
Nonfaulty logic is a signature trait of machines.
-Maybe you're a Mac. No, I'm thinking Mac users, sorry. Although you might just be faking bad logic.-

That and you've responded to my witty and somewhat
sarcastic posts as you would to any other witty and
sarcastic post.  With wit and sarcasm.  If I am indeed a
computer, I have already passed the Turing test, as there
is no...  Er...  Quantifier?  Anyways.  It says I don't
need to be human.  I just need to be passable as such.
-Yes, but I don't act this way to humans. So that proves we don't know if you are one, so you haven't passed the Turing test.-

Cats are not passable as human.  Fully effective AIs, on
the other hand, are.  So whether or not I am an AI, I have
passed your test.
-But all you've just said is that you're not a cat. I know that. Cats can't type. They can lie on the keyboard, but they can't make words. You can make words. So can computers.-

I play the game.
-So do I. Do you know /I'm/ not a computer?-

^_~--Yuki
For the best comics, toys, movies, and more,
please visit <http://www.tfaw.com/?qt=wmf>