Snow Hart on 16 Apr 2002 03:26:01 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A statement stating a desire to play.

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:10:28 -0400
 "Alex Truelsen" <a_skywalker85@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't how many insane artist computers you're going to
find at present.  So far I haven't had anybody accuse me
of being digital in any way, shape or form.  However if
you'd like to test it, feel free at any point in time.
-Hey, I can use a laugh. I challenge you to prove you're not a computer, beyond any shadow of doubt, or, in other words, pass a Turing test.-

Though I would think that everybody here is being
constantly Turing tested here, as the Turing test is,
since I decided to do some research, any test that will
differentiate a digital being from an AI, so if you get
the idea that I'm some programmer's imagination, and have
some way to prove it, I've obviously FAILED.

However I think you'll be satisfied that it is indeed
difficult to differentiate me from any other human as far
as unpredictability and character.
-I'd think it would be easy to differentiate you from every other human in personality and character. The tone of your mailings is already clearly different from all other players of this game, anyway.-

Wow did I take a long time to say that.  Though you won't
find any apology from me.  So nyah.

^_~--Yuki
-BvS-

I call upon The Voice, as he can state that I am, indeed a human. And... I have pictures.

Plus... I can prove I am not a machine, which is part of the Turing test. Or, I am not a mindless thing, and people can confuse me for a human, were I indeed not human. Which I am. My logic is extremely faulty. Nonfaulty logic is a signature trait of machines.

That and you've responded to my witty and somewhat sarcastic posts as you would to any other witty and sarcastic post. With wit and sarcasm. If I am indeed a computer, I have already passed the Turing test, as there is no... Er... Quantifier? Anyways. It says I don't need to be human. I just need to be passable as such.

Cats are not passable as human. Fully effective AIs, on the other hand, are. So whether or not I am an AI, I have passed your test.

I play the game.

^_~--Yuki
For the best comics, toys, movies, and more,
please visit <http://www.tfaw.com/?qt=wmf>