Wonko on 11 Apr 2002 20:51:14 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Operating independantly of the Ballot once again...

Quoth Glotmorf,

> On 4/10/02 at 10:54 PM Wonko wrote:
>
>> Proposal 560/0
>> Fish-flavored Izing
>> Author: Glotmorf
>> No. It's a good idea, but the way it's currently phrased A) the lifespan of
>> the 'Babelized' attribute gets renewed whenever ANY player gets the Sushi,
>> and B) even if it didn't, in 6 nweeks everyone could get the sushi once
>> (12*4=48), and whoever had it last would be stuck with it for 12 extra
>> days,
>> after which there would be only one possible player to give it to. I wish
>> we
>> had SHELVING right now, though.
>
> The B Nomic homepage says we have 13 players; that'd mean there'd be at least
> one unbabelized player by the time another player was due to become
> unbabelized.  You'd have a concern if the number of players dropped, though,
> so perhaps next nweek I can try for a relational formula.

13 players * 4 ndays/player = 52 ndays.
6 nweeks * 10 ndays/nweek = 60 ndays.
60 ndays - 52 ndays = 8 ndays.

That's how much extra time the last sushi victim will get. Then, when those
8 days are up, the first player would become the victim. And e'd have to
wait an nweek before someone else got unbabelized, and so each person would
get 10 ndays with the Sushi and then have only one person they could give it
to.

Maybe if it expired after 6 babel periods, it would be okay. That's just 2.4
nweeks...

>> Proposal 561/0
>> The Other End of the Entropy Axis
>> Author: Glotmorf
>> Alright, I'll give it a Yes. But I rate it a measly 5. I don't like
>> gratuitous beating up of me.
>
> And how many times did I probably bounce?  I could start inventing nonexistent
> players again to use in my stories, but hey...you got your name in a widely
> read work of fiction...

I don't object to being in it, or to being made to attempt a throw and get
burnt for it. I object to the last sentence of it. I see no reason why you
should casually throw in "Oh yeah, and then e got the @#$% beaten out of em
by flying Gnomes".

I wonder if I'm allowed to sue for misrepresentation..:)

--Wonko

Clones are people two.