Wonko on 11 Apr 2002 02:25:07 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The propothal I mithed

Quoth Eric Gerlach,

> I'm thorry... next time I'll remember to potht thith to buthineth the
> firtht time... *thigh*
>
> Bean
>
> To be propothed at the beginning of nday 8 (after the ballot ith ithued),
> or now, whichever ith later:
>
> {{
> __The Ministers of the Realm__
>
> {{
> __Ministers__
>
> There exist titles defining Ministers of the form "Minister of X", where X
> is a unique designator.  These titles are known as Ministries [[ This is a
> good enough defn for now ]].  A Ministry may only be assigned to a player
> as expicitly allowed by the rules.  Only one player may hold any given
> Ministry at any given time, and a player may only hold one Ministry at any
> given time.
>
> Any proposal that would create a rule that defines a Ministry must also
> create rules that define the Powers and Responsabilities of that
> Ministry.  These rules may all be conincident.
>
> The Powers of a Ministry is a list of actions.  A player that holds a
> Ministry may perform any of the actions in the Powers of their Ministry as
> if e were the Administrator.
>
> The Responsabilities of a Ministry is a list of actions that a Minister
> must perform.
>
> The Administrator may perform all the duties of any Minister if e so
> chooses.  The Administrator may also hold Titles which are also
> Ministries.  This rule supercedes Rule 263 in this regard.
> }}
>
> {{
> __Ministerial Elections__
>
> If at any time no player (or The Administrator) holds a Ministry, an
> Election is called for that Ministry.  The Election consists of two
> phases:  a Nomination phase immediately followed by a Voting Phase, each of
> which are 5 ndays long.  The Nomination phase of the Election begins at the
> first beginning of an nday after the Ministry is not held by any Player or
> The Administrator.
>
> During the Nomination phase, a player may nominate another player or emself
> for the Ministry by declaring so in a public forum.  After a player has
> been nominated, a player may second the nomination by declaring so in a
> public forum.  If a nomination is seconded, the player nominated becomes a
> Candidate for the Ministry.  The Administrator is always a Candidate for
> every Election.
>
> At the end of the Nomination phase, the Administrator shall issue a List of
> Candidates for the Election containing all the names of the Candidates for
> the Ministry.
>
> During the Voting phase, players may cast one vote for one name on the List
> of Candidates for the Election by doing so in a public forum.  [[ Public
> voting only for Ministers ]]  The Administrator may also vote for one name
> of the List of Candidates, however there is no limit to the number of votes
> The Administrator may make.

> [...]

So if this runs in conjunction with the Societies idea, we could build a set
of entirely seperate Nomic Games that run completely indepentantly of B
Nomic, except that all of them could be altered by the players of the
OverGame? I like it...

--Wonko

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos